At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew’s safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through October 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on November 1st, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
• European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November.
• Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.
• Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.
• After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, and in conjunction with the CDC, we’ve decided to cancel some additional sailings departing from China. The following Spectrum of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, and Voyager of the Seas sailings have now been cancelled:
◦ Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020
◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020 and October 7th, 2020 – October 28th, 2020 sailings
◦ Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020
We’re now offering more options.
Below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!
LIFT & SHIFT
- Our Lift & Shift option is ideal for those who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, all while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select next year’s sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week window of the original cruise date and you are all set. You’ll find the Lift & Shift feature on CruisingPower.com easily moves your sailings to a qualifying sailing next year! Act now — option expires on August 20, 2020!
125% Future Cruise Credit
- To compensate for the disruption to your vacation plans, you are eligible for an elevated 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that is based on the total cruise fare paid at the guest-level, which will be automatically issued on or beforeSeptember 14, 2020 — if no other option is selected. Taxes and fees, as well as any pre-purchased amenities or onboard packages, will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date.
If you previously opted to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy, the 100% FCC will stand, and this new option will not be available to them. Additionally, if you redeemed their Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on a sailing that is now cancelled, your original FCC will be reinstated, plus 125% of any amount paid by you on the cancelled reservation.
- If you would simply like a refund, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest when requesting this option on or before December 31, 2020. To request your refund, contact your travel agent to assist in processing the refund on your behalf. You can expect your refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. To ensure you are making the best possible choice for your vacation option, there is no need to rush on deciding — the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated.
If you redeemed a Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on an impacted sailing and would now prefer a refund instead, we will process this request in the amount of any new funds paid above the original certificate and, in turn, will reinstate the Cruise with Confidence FCC for future use.
Stay healthy and safe!
Source: Royal Caribbean