[Cue music] It’s beginning to look a lot like Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort.
I’m one of those people who likes to let Thanksgiving have its time to shine, but on December 1 it’s ALL about the holidays. My favorite part of the holiday season — besides all of the beautiful twinkling lights — is the amazing desserts that come with it.
If you read my Mini Pumpkin Donuts from Halloween Horror Nights blog post, you know I LOVE pumpkin spice. I’m still routinely lighting my pumpkin candles and searching for delicious pumpkin recipes. But when it comes to pumpkin spice for the holidays, it’s time to take it up a notch
Our friends at Loews Royal Pacific Resort provided us with this delicious Pumpkin Spiced Log Cake recipe that is sure to impress your friends and family for the holidays.
You are probably still humming that holiday song I put in your head, so grab your jelly-roll pan and pumpkin puree, turn on an ambient Yule Log video on YouTube, and let’s make some cake!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz butter, softened
- 8 oz powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and sugar, beating well until fluffy.
- Add in pumpkin puree and lemon juice, continue mixing until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture and fold, mixing well.
- Spread batter in a 15-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
While the cake cools, take a dance break to your favorite holiday song then start preparing the filling.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy and fluffy.
- Evenly spread the filling over the jelly-roll cake and roll up like a log.
- Smooth frosting on top of the log and then dust with cocoa powder.
- Take a photo and serve!
RECIPE: Pumpkin Spiced Log Cake from Loews Royal Pacific Resort was originally published on December 02, 2020 at 10:00AM by Michelle Russo from Universal Orlando Blog. Far Beyond Infinity Travel Blog takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.