It’s finally here. A new year is upon us and with it a shiny, new coat of hope and opportunity, the foundation of any New Year’s resolution. 2021 should be all about you and what you want to focus on. This year, our focus is on you. We can’t wait to welcome our Passholders back and have you join us for countless roller coaster rides, scrumptious meals, and more.
Being a member of the Universal Orlando Annual Pass (UOAP) family has its many perks, all of which I’m sure you’re familiar with since you’re already a Passholder. BUT, if you find yourself on a cold (ha, Florida), dark night questioning whether being a UOAP is worth it this year, let me bring you back to the light with a few reasons on why this is the year to be a UOAP.
One Word – VelociCoaster
Of course the new Jurassic World VelociCoaster, opening this summer in Universal’s Islands of Adventure, is at the top of the list. By now you’ve likely seen the coaster in action during its testing phase, racing and soaring along the twisting turns and drops of the track — just wait until you get to experience it.
If you had to hit pause on visiting the parks last year, then you have even more new things to look forward to. The action-packed stunt show The Bourne Stuntacular opened in Universal Studios Florida, along with new food and drink offerings like the sweet and savory crepes over in Central Park and food trucks with seasonal options. Over in Islands of Adventure, now is the time to ensure you’ve seen all the magical creatures and tried both the motorbike and sidecar on the new Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There’s a new hotel to stay at featuring incredible family suites, Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites. Plus, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reopened with newly renovated rooms that are b-e-a-u-ti-ful.
STAY UPDATED: Wait, you didn’t know about some of these things? Make sure your email is up to date to receive all the news directly to your inbox.
Do What You Want, When You Want
Outside of the new rides and entertainment Universal Orlando Resort unleashes every year, it all comes back to the main reason you became a Passholder to begin with: you can come to the parks to do what YOU want, when YOU want. Whether you want to spend a whole day riding your favorites, enjoy a staycation at one of the hotels, or just stop by after work for dinner and a stroll through The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. If there’s any year to treat yourself to what you love, this is it!
And don’t forget there’s a Pass that fits your needs and wants with 2-Park or 3-Park Pass options. Each Pass has park-to-park access to the thrills and excitement of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (blockout dates apply on some Passes), but if you also crave lounging poolside year round, then consider the 3-Park Pass with Universal’s Volcano Bay (at any point you can upgrade and pay the difference).
Benefits for Days
Along with the difference in park access, each 2-Park and 3-Park Pass has unique benefits. Here’s a speed round of the top perks to reinvigorate your pass-love.
- Free or Discounted Parking: We all want this no matter where we go. Flash that Pass and get yourself free or discounted parking every visit. (Premier, Preferred, and Power Passes)
- Discounts & Offers: Speaking of discounts, UOAPs get exclusive discounts and offers destination-wide for tickets, dining, merchandise, hotels, and more. (Premier, Preferred, Power, and Seasonal Passes – benefits vary across all Pass types)
- Early Park Admission: Get into the parks one hour early before daytime guests and enjoy select attractions, including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. (Premier and Preferred – select dates may apply)
- Universal Express Pass After 4 p.m.: How about getting to the front of the line quicker on your favorite rides just because you’re a UOAP? Get Express Pass access after 4 p.m. throughout the year. (Premier Pass only)
- Free Halloween Horror Nights Ticket: This is for you if you love all things Halloween. Get a complimentary ticket on us to HHN, Universal’s premier Halloween event. (Premier Pass only)
PASS DEEP-DIVE: Want to consider an upgrade? Click here to get a breakdown on all the Pass details and benefits for Premier, Preferred, Power, and Seasonal.
Special Event & Seasonal Experiences
In addition to year-round access to all the rides, entertainment, dining, and more at Universal Orlando, UOAPs also get access to seasonal experiences like Mardi Gras, Holidays, and the UOAP exclusive celebration, Passholder Appreciation Days. Not only do you get to enjoy these festivities, but there are opportunities for special perks, deals, and activities.
WHAT’S COMING UP: Spring is right around the corner, which means Mardi Gras! Click here to find out what perks you’ll get for this year’s event, as well as stay updated on all seasonal experiences throughout 2021.
Exclusivity — the one thing we all want when we pay to be a part of a group, club, or membership. Besides the benefits I outlined above and having bragging rights as the coolest theme park fans out there, UOAPs have some fun exclusives to collect and enjoy throughout the year like:
- Themed buttons & magnets designed around insider jokes and stories only UOAPs would know.
- The most chill place in the parks to, well, chill — the UOAP Lounge in Universal Studios.
- Passholder exclusive menu items from your favorite restaurants along with private dining rooms. Feel free to use the phrase “You can’t sit with us!” as needed.
- Exclusive merchandise designs that allow you to wear your UOAP pride on your sleeve or — more recently — your face. There are also specialty items like the Coca-Cola Freestyle Souvenir Cup you can nab. Oh, and how about that annual merch garage sale?
EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: See what the button is this month, find out what the current menu items are, and more over on the Passholder website.
Share Your Passion
One of my favorite things to do on any given work day is peruse through the UOAP Facebook Group. There are so many creative, funny, and passionate fans sharing hilarious memes, photos, handmade creations, and stories about Universal. It’s also great to see the camaraderie come through as Passholders share their tips and recommendations, answer each other’s questions, and speculate together on rumors. There’s a real sense of community within the UOAP group where I’ve seen individuals make life-long friends and even find their significant others. Being able to turn to a group of people within the same Universal fandom is a great way to kick off a new year. There are spontaneous meetups in the parks to be had, stories to be told, laughter to be shared, and don’t forget about the friendly debates. Why not keep hold of that connection as we all come out of a tough 2020?
JOIN THE GROUP: Just in case you’re sitting there like Facebook Group, what? Click here to request to join the UOAP Facebook Group now. Seriously, the memes alone are worth it.
With so many reasons to keep your UOAP rockstar status, how can you not keep coming back again and again? There’s so much to experience this year with new things to do and your go-to favorites. Plus, we continue implementing safety guidelines like social distancing, health screenings, and more.
And it gets better.
How does 15 months of Universal Orlando for the price of 12 sound to you? Renew your Annual Pass now – March 31 and receive three months free.
NOT A UOAP YET? No worries! It’s never too late to join the family. You can learn more about the current offer (three additional months free!), the different Pass types and benefits, stories, and more on the Passholder website.
Why Being a UOAP in 2021 is Worth It was originally published on January 25, 2021 at 09:30AM by Denielle Ricci from Universal Orlando Blog. Far Beyond Infinity Travel Blog takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.